Saturday, February 1, 2020

February Inspiration

We have four new images for you this month.  We hope that you choose one of them to use as inspiration in the creative way that you love the most.  Your final product might be a photograph, a watercolor painting, a quilt, a poem, a scrapbook page... So many possibilities!  We can't wait to see what you share!  

Click HERE for instructions on how to submit your work.

It was so fun to see the diversity and creativity of the submissions last month! Thank you to everyone who participated, and we hope you do again!  If you missed it in January, please join us this month.


February Inspiration Image 1: Hibernation by Sara Harley
Hibernation by Sara Harley
I live in a new section of a small town, streets filled with characterless bungalows sitting side by side and hydro poles in place of tall trees. But, I live a block from a river that I get to walk along every day, where ospreys and bald eagles nest and loons and cormorants swim. My yard backs on to miles and miles of walking trails that are home to all kinds of wildlife, including herds of deer. My neighbourhood might not be a place of beauty for everyone, but, for me, it brings joy every single day. Where do you live?


February Inspiration Image 2: First Snow by Helen Eaton
https://wordweaverart.blogspot.com/2010/07/first-snow.html
What could these little ones be thinking?
(I wish I was out there... or... I'm glad I'm not out there.
It's warm in here... or... It's cold out there.
What do you think when it snows?
It's beautiful... or... It's going to be a mess.
Let's go play... or... Let's get a shovel.
I choose to believe that this little one and her pup are in awe 

and that she's clapping for joy at the white blanket she sees outside.


February Inspiration Image 3: Roundabout by Sara Harley
Roundabout by Sara Harley
I am increasingly interested in making intriguing photographs of things that most people would not give a second thought to. I find it challenging, and rewarding, to capture a photograph of an everyday item in a unique way. Not everything is appealing at first glance. Sometimes you need to look closely to discover the beauty within. I enjoy creating something thought provoking out of something mundane.



February Inspiration Image 4: Hot Chocolate II by Helen Eaton
What's your favorite winter drink?
Cider... Coffee... Tea... Cocoa
If there are comfort foods,
I suppose there can be comfort drinks.
I choose hot chocolate... with marshmallows or whipped cream...
Mmmmmm.....


If you haven't already, look through last month's wonderful submissions and leave some positive feedback and encouraging comments.

Your art inspired by Barely There.
 Your art inspired by Snow Cardinal. 
Your art inspired by Sentimental Journey.
Your art inspired by Scattered Crayons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!