Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Sentimental Journey

We have an a new art form to add to creations inspired by Sentimental Journey! The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post.

Cheryl McMickle - Journey
web: cherylmcmickleart.weebly.com
mixed media journal
Journey by Cheryl McMickle
Journey by Cheryl McMickle
When I saw the prompt for Sentimental Journey I knew that I was already working on the same theme in my journal. This journal entry is a mixed media piece that includes collage, stamping, watercolor and transfer. Each journal page is its own journey so this work is a creative journey about my life journey.
********************

Nelvia - Kaguya's Virtue
instagram: nelviamcgrath
Sketch using brush pen/pastel
Kaguya's Virtue by Nelvia McGrath
Kaguya's Virtue by Nelvia

Bamboo is very symbolic in Chinese and other Oriental cultures, representing moral character/virtue, strength/resilience, modesty and loyalty. However, this is based on the Japanese legend of the princess Kaguya, a moon goddess.

********************
Helen Eaton- Sentimental Stargazer
blog:   wordweaverart.blogspot.com
Original Oil Painting on 6" x 12" Wrapped Canvas
Sentimental Stargazer Lilies by Helen Eaton
Sentimental Stargazer Lilies by Helen Eaton
Stargazer Lilies will always remind me of my momma.  She had a long row of flowers that she loved... irises, day lilies, tiger lilies... One year I bought her a pot of blooming stargazer lilies for Mother's Day.  After they finished flowering inside, she replanted them into her row, and they bloomed again every year.  We dug those stargazer lilies up when they moved to Northwest Arkansas and replanted them beside the porch where she continued to enjoy their beautiful pink blooms each summer.   

This particular stargazer grew in my own flower bed.

******************** 

Inspiration Image 4 - January: Sentimental Journey by Sara Harley
Sentimental Journey by Sara Harley
Sentimental Journey by Sara Harley

As I age, I often find myself on a sentimental journey thinking about my parents and the home I grew up in.Over the recent holidays, I thought I would make a photograph as a tribute to them. We always had at least one Christmas cactus in the house and my dad was the plant person in the family. He loved gardening and fussed with indoor plants as well. The pot in the photograph was made by my mom. She went through a ceramics phase when I was a teenager and I've managed to keep two of her plant pots all these years (over 35 years!) without breaking them. 

Isn't it strangely wonderful how certain things can bring back such lovely memories?








********************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!