Thursday, January 30, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Scattered Crayons

Sneaking in near the end of the month...another image inspired by Scattered Crayons. Inspiration images are at the bottom of this post.

Julie Brandt - Color of Friendship
website: https://www.etsy.com/shop/JujuBeePaints
The Color of Friendship by Julie Brandt
Bouquet jolie! 
So many colors of a friendship.

Blue daisies given to temper the blues.
Brilliant yellows, and a soft orange to warm your spirit by.
Purple-lavender petals say what is true,
I care about you.

Sturdy stems for these beautiful blooms urge you on,
Despite your grief or sorrow.
Sweet leaves to rest upon sustain me.
I care about you.

Fuchsia powers through the dark times,
Radiating light and love,
Meditations on this brilliant palette
             of friendship.
Someone cares.
I care.
Jeanne King - Color Names
Color Names by Jeanne King
You can’t have been an elementary  school teacher without developing a special relationship with crayons. Forty years ago, they were the medium of choice in the classroom. Now, they’re something of a novelty as markers seem to have taken their place. I carried a tub of crayons from one classroom to another over the years. Although I’m now retired, I can still smell them, still see the waxy stain on the  paper if they’ve been left in the heat, still remember the pleasure of tearing off the wrapper, and still enjoy the many effects that can be achieved with the simple crayon . I’ve always delighted in the imaginative, descriptive names given to the colors and this piece celebrates that delight. 

Sara Harley - Let's Stick Together
instagram: saraharley.photos
Let's Stick Together by Sara Harley
Let's Stick Together by Sara Harley
When I saw Helen's Scattered Crayons painting, I thought of two things...childhood and colour. Then I thought of life savers. Every Christmas, Santa used to bring me a "story book" filled with 5 rolls of life savers candy. I searched high and low this month so I could buy a roll of life savers for a photo shoot. It took me weeks, but I finally found some in a store I seldom go to. And, just like a child, I played with my candy.

********************


Nelvia’s Fine Art - Primary Colors
instagram: nelviamcgrath  
Primary Colors by Nelvia's Fine Art
Primary Colors by Nelvia's Fine Art
For inspiration I used a combination of Helen's crayons and Sara's foggy landscape description.  The crayons made me think primary colors - so painted in shades /tints of primary colors.  Sara's comment we are past and future is yet to be determined - so thought this man was representative of his choices - you get to determine what his future might be.

********************

Inspiration Image 3 - January: Scattered Crayons by Helen Eaton

Scattered Crayons by Helen Eaton
Scattered Crayons by Helen Eaton
So you want to be challenged to add more color into your images? 
Well, what could be more literal than “Scattered Crayons” for inspiration!
However, you could find a way to use this idea without color at all… scattered logs of driftwood on the beach… pieces of silverware scattered the counter… Neither of those have vibrant colors!  But, maybe you’ll find a rainbow, a spilled bag of Skittles, or… some scattered crayons.



Inspiration Image 2 - January: Barely There by Sara Harley 
Barely There by Sara Harley
Barely There by Sara Harley

The view along the river one day in December was a magical, misty scene. The stillness created a mirror like finish on the river, with hardly a ripple in sight. The town was barely there, mysteriously shrouded in fog.   Life is an adventure...we are who the past has made us, and we'll become who the future creates. Like the town shrouded in fog, we cannot see what the future holds in store for us no matter how many plans we make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!