Monday, December 13, 2021

Your Art Inspired by Winter Cardinal

 Enjoy the art inspired by Helen's painting, Winter Cardinal
(The Inspiration Image is at the bottom of this post.)

Julie Brandt: Winter Light

I want to submit my painting, Winter Light, to represent my sincere appreciation to Helen and Sara, along with the other artists, in Inspiration Collaboration for the light they gave to me during these last years of uncertainty.  I was inspired to create!  Thank you!



Sara Harley: Exit Stage Right
Photographic Collage

I've never been involved in such a lengthy art project before. I never imagined how much I would stretch and grow as an artist, and the sense of accomplishment I would feel. This piece was created using 14 images. The stage represents our project, set with a portrait showing Helen's Snow Cardinal from January 2020. The stage floor was created using Helen's Winter Cardinal (both used with her permission). The branches and berries are a modified version of my response to Snow Cardinal, and the blue jays represent the two of us....one flying off stage on the next adventure.


 
Nelvia McGrath: The Harbinger
Watercolor Sketch
What is it with the name of this painting?  In symbolism cardinals are good news indeed.  Many believe that cardinal appear when angels are near.  They are said to bring a heaven-sent message of love to you.  These guys have so much devotion for their mates, our male constantly feeds his female.  Both are very good parents and we have enjoyed multiple generations of cardinals raised on our backyard feeder.


December Inspiration 1: Winter Cardinal by Helen Eaton

There was an idea... Sara wrote, "... it would challenge me to get out of my comfort zone... get my brain working in different ways."  I replied, "I've had a restless feeling that it's time for something new... different... challenging..."  72 hours and countless e-mails later, our idea had a name, a blog, an Instagram account, a Pinterest board, and participants were invited.  In the last 24 months, I have indeed been challenged to think and create outside my comfort zone.  I know I've grown as a painter, writer, and friend because of Inspiration Collaboration.  My first inspiration image was Snow Cardinal.  Winter Cardinal brings me full-circle.


2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I have at least one pair of cardinals who visit my feeders as I quilt. I always enjoy seeing that bold red against the snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love, Love, LOVE to see that pop of red flitting around on the white.

      Delete

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!