Thursday, December 9, 2021

Your Art Inspired by A New Adventure

  Enjoy the art inspired by Sara's photograph, A New Adventure
(The Inspiration Image is at the bottom of this post.)

Helen Eaton: February Snow
Oil on canvas, 9"x 12"

I love color, but Sara’s images and words have taught me that lots of color isn’t a requirement for beauty. Her very first inspiration image was Barely There. When I saw that 24 months ago, I thought, “Oh, dear… I can’t do this… The image is… barely there!” But, I did paint a response to that one as well as the 35 that followed.  What a rigorous artistic endeavor! What a pleasure! 

This was view from our mailbox in February of 2011.  I chose this image, this style, and this color palette for Sara’s The Next Adventure to honor her.



Jeanne King: Winter 
One of a series of origami  boxes depicting the seasons
Decorative papers, ribbons, embellishments
As we end this year of inspirations I’m grateful to Helen and Sara for the encouragement they have provided all of us. Winter is my favorite season. Its cozy silence provides a time for quiet reflection and an opportunity to discover beauty in the barest of landscapes. Let it snow!


Inspiration Image: A New Adventure by Sara Harley
As our two year Inspiration Collaboration project comes to an end, I celebrate the wonderful art that has been created by such a talented group of people. I know everyone will continue to inspire me as we go off on a new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!