Monday, February 1, 2021

February Inspiration - 2021

Welcome Art Friends!  We are glad you've stopped by!

This may be just the opportunity you've been looking for to motivate you to do art this month. Which of these two inspiration images spark your creativity? 

The diversity of art possibilities is endless: Crochet, Sculpture, Quilting, Embroidery, Watercolor, Drawing, Painting, Floral Arrangement, Photography, Collage... 

Join us by sharing YOUR artwork! 


February Inspiration 1: Pink Rose Trio by Helen Eaton
There's something uncomfortable and unfamiliar about painting with palette knife, but (I think) I love it.  I use more paint, place it purposefully, then trust that the blobs of color will eventually take shape.  The finished product also fascinates me. I'm not satisfied just looking at it, I want to run my fingers across its textured surface.
When roses are pink, they’ll smell sweet, it’s true.
If painted with a knife, they’ll feel pretty too.
*I’m grateful to people like Ahuva Shweiki 
who make YouTube videos for teaching 
people like me how to use a palette knife.

February  Inspiration 2: Friend for Tea by Sara Harley
Winter brings the longing for comforting things...a good book, a favourite drink, companionship and conversation with a friend.




2 comments:

  1. Oh how roses make my day! I long for sharing time with a friend over tea. Thanks you two!

    ReplyDelete

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!