Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Hibernation

Enjoy the diversity of these artworks inspired Sara Harley's "Hibernation"! 
(You can see the inspiration piece at the bottom of this post.)

Helen Eaton : "Just Down the Road"
Bloghttps://wordweaverart.blogspot.com/
12"x 16" Oil on Canvas
Just down the road, just around the bend...
     You'll see my veggie garden and my 12 little hens.

Just down the road, just past the hill...
     You'll see purple irises and yellow daffodils.

You can watch the squirrels and cardinals in my favorite dogwood tree
     or sit on my red benches and visit there with me.

Just down the road, my yard will be your view.
     Come right on over!  I'll be waiting there for you.

Nelvia McGrath: "Cocoon"
Instagram: nelviamcgrath
11"x 14" Acrylic / Ink
Dried acrylic inks laid out a space perfect for a figure/head. Combined the ink colors to do a tonal painting.  Brown flow on the right side reminded me of the right flow off the figure in my reference piece.  The cocoon is a form of hibernation, so hence the title.


Deidre Townsend: "Small Town Music"
Watercolor Pencil Drawing
When I first saw "Hibernation", I thought "purple" because of the lavender color it seems to have even though it's snow.  The, of course, the telephone poles drew my eye, and with the electric lines, I thought, "That looks like sheet music."  Reading Sara's words made me think of John Mellencamp's "Small Town," and there you go! Drawing it, I thought the notes were flowers that might bloom in her small town after all that snow is gone. 



Hibernation by Sara Harley
February Inspiration Image 1: Hibernation by Sara Harley
I live in a new section of a small town, streets filled with characterless bungalows sitting side by side and hydro poles in place of tall trees. But, I live a block from a river that I get to walk along every day, where ospreys and bald eagles nest and loons and cormorants swim. My yard backs on to miles and miles of walking trails that are home to all kinds of wildlife, including herds of deer. My neighbourhood might not be a place of beauty for everyone, but, for me, it brings joy every single day. Where do you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!