Thursday, February 27, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Hot Chocolate II

Helen Eaton's Hot Chocolate II has inspired another artist!
(You can see the inspiration piece at the bottom of this post.)


Darlene Awalt: I Celebrate You, Mom

This month was a little harder for me.  I used the Hot Chocolate and words Comfort Foods to come up with a gratitude poem in honor of my mom.  My mom would have been married 61 years on the 14th of February.  She passed away from Alzheimer's 12 February 2017.  I try to do something special in honour of her by volunteering at the Seniors Home and walking the beach collecting glass.


Lynn Hanousek: Little Green Teapot
Facebook: Lynn Hanousek Designs
acrylic on 8x10 canvas
I like tea, but it's not something I look to for comfort. But I have to say this green teapot has been a constant companion all winter.  It has seen me through 2 colds and chilly days when the only way I could get warm was to have another cup of tea.  So, in a way it was a comfort.  Of course, I took my inspiration from "Hot Chocolate" but there's a bit of a nod to "Roundabout" too.


Nancy MacDonald: Looking for Comfort
Instagram: nancy.m.artist
Coloured Pencil on Rag Paper
When I think of comfort food in February, I think of a nice big bowl of homemade soup which makes me think of my favourite spoon.  This single vintage spoon was a gift given to me at a Christmas exchange a few years ago.  I think it's one of the simplest, probably the least expensive, most useful things I've ever received as a gift. It's not fancy but it just seems to be the perfect weight and size.  
Do you have a favourite spoon?



Sara Harley: Tea For Two
Blog: saraharleyphotos.blogspot.com
Tea For Two by Sara Harley
There is something soothing about the thought of afternoon tea. Shouldn't we all treat ourselves to the slow comfort of tea brewed in a teapot and poured into china teacups? Add a friend to share it with, perhaps a cozy chat in a special place where contentment grows and friendship strengthens.



Whitney Eaton: Sweet Treat
Instagram: whitneykay93
Oil on Canvas 6"x 6"
I've tried doing a lot of hobbies... I did woodworking for a bit... then DIY home decor... tried my hand at baking... Then I asked my mother-in-law-painter-friend to teach me how to paint.  Boy, am I glad!  I think I've settled on a good hobby!  And, I'm glad I tried baking too, otherwise I wouldn't have had such a beautiful cupcake to paint to go along with a great mug of hot chocolate!


February Inspiration Image 4: Hot Chocolate II by Helen Eaton
What's your favorite winter drink?

Cider... Coffee... Tea... Cocoa
If there are comfort foods,
I suppose there can be comfort drinks.
I choose hot chocolate... with marshmallows or whipped cream...
Mmmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!