Sunday, November 1, 2020

November Inspiration Images

There's a thought, a story, or a memory behind each Inspiration Image.  They are each chosen with the hopes that one of them will give you an idea of your own.  It's a pleasure each month to watch the diverse pieces of art that you create and add to Inspiration Collaboration.  You're come up with art in your photography, oil painting, wood burning, crochet, acrylic, collage, jewelry, pen and ink, colored pencil, floral arrangement, quilting, scrapbook pages, poetry, watercolor... 

Click HERE for instructions on how to submit your work.

We can't wait to see what YOU create this month. Whether this will be your tenth or your first time to add to our collection of art, we welcome you.

November Inspiration 1: Peacock by Helen Eaton

I’ve been thinking about all the amazing patterns in nature. There’s instant recognition even if we see just a small part of the whole. We know the hexagons of a honeycomb, the swirl of a seashell, the spots on a leopard, the zig-zag of a lightning bolt, the stripes on a zebra, the rings of a tree stump, the scales of a fish, the orb of a spider web, the diamonds on a pineapple skin, and the eye-shaped design on the feathers of a peacock.




November Inspiration 2: A Pop of Colour by Sara Harley
November in Nova Scotia is typically grey and dreary, sometimes downright dismal. The pop of bright red crabapples is an unexpected and cheery sight on a rainy day. Isn't it interesting how a simple colour can bring us joy?




October Inspiration 3: Red Barn & Wishing Well by Helen Eaton
Can an image be poetic? 
My students and I used to use "I wonder..." statements when reading a poem. 
I wonder who owned this barn...
I wonder who dug the well...
I wonder if animals still live here...
I wonder why they painted it red...
I wonder if the water from the well tastes fresh...
I wonder if there is hay in the loft...
I wonder why there is no farm equipment...
I wonder if there's a musty hay-like smell...
I wonder if they had cows... or sheep... or goats... or a donkey...
I wonder if anyone still uses this barn...
I wonder…


October Inspiration 4: 5 + 1  by Sara Harley
Some people appreciate minimalism, some don’t.
I love the graphic elements of a minimalist image.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!