Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Your Art Inspired by A Pop of Colour

 Enjoy the art inspired by Sara's Photograph, A Pop of Colour
(The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post..)

Julie Brandt: Fall Leaving
Oil on Canvas
 In the cathedral of winter branches, this lone lovely dogwood leaf shimmied in the cold.  A vision that reminds me of George Dombek’s stained glass window with a solitary cardinal on a limb.  


Deidre Townsend: 
Color of Spring
Acrylic on Canvas

Sara talks about how color can bring us joy. I love color! My son and his girlfriend brought me a bouquet of flowers the other day, and they just made me so happy. I like vivid colors. I usually buy clothes to wear with lots of color because of this. I wanted the joy I found from the color of the flowers to last forever. Painting them allows me to do just that. 




Helen Eaton: A Sprinkle of Color
Oil on Canvas, 6"x 8"

We face a very important choice before we dip... What flavor?
We face another decision after we dip... What will we sprinkle (or pour) on top?
Me? It's cake batter ice cream with almonds and Heath bar sprinkles... or maybe French vanilla with almonds and raspberries... or maybe soft serve vanilla with caramel and Snickers pieces...
What do you choose?


Sheila Strickland: Enjoying My Backyard
Photography
The empty birdbath nestled in the beauty berries makes a nice table for morning tea.  It’s a lovely way to begin the day.


Inspiration Image:  A Pop of Colour  by Sara Harley
November in Nova Scotia is typically grey and dreary, sometimes downright dismal. The pop of bright red crabapples is an unexpected and cheery sight on a rainy day. Isn't it interesting how a simple colour can bring us joy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!