Thursday, November 5, 2020

Your Art Inspired by 5 + 1

 Enjoy the art inspired by Sara's Photograph, 5 + 1
(The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post..)

Lynn Hanousek: 5+1+1
Facebook: Lynn Hanousek Designs
Acrylic on Canvas, 5x7

Many of my recent paintings belong to a series entitled “Black Cats and Birds.” When I saw Sara’s 5+1, I chuckled and said to myself, “All it needs is a cat.” So, here it is: 5+1+1.




Nelvia McGrath: Rebirth
Blog:artaccentsbynelvia@gmail.com
Art Journal Page, 8.5 x 11  
Just a couple pieces of drafting tape, a piece of gelli print and a gold leaf butterfly 

I happen to also like minimalism, but rarely practice it.   I guess my motto is “Too much is never enough.”  I had made some gold leafed butterflies for a picture and didn’t end up using them.  So, I decided to keep with my Oriental theme in my new journal project and made Rebirth in a minimal approach.  The butterfly is very symbolic in Japanese culture and signifies metamorphosis and transformation.  It also is a symbol of good luck, prosperity, and for all of us I wish good health.


Helen Eaton: Beethoven's Fifth
Oil on Canvas, 10"x 20"
Sara and I were careful to avoid the word “challenge” as we created Inspiration Collaboration. We didn’t want to give a tone it being work or that participating would be hard. That said, getting my first look (a few days early) of Sara’s 5 + 1 felt like a really big challenge. Here’s my train of thought. What? No way. Ok. I can do this. It’s bold yet beautiful, has power within simplicity...  Five black parallel lines that continue on and a dot/bird.  Sometimes the art fairy shows up like a tinkling of bells and sometimes… 
BaBaBa Baaaaaaaaaaaamph! 
                          BaBaBa Baaaaaaaaaaaaamph!




Inspiration Image:  5 + 1 by Sara Harley
Some people appreciate minimalism, some don’t.
I love the graphic elements of a minimalist image.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!