Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Red Barn & Wishing Well

   Enjoy the art inspired by Helen's Painting, Red Barn & Wishing Well
(The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post..)

Julie Brandt: Autumn Grey
Oil on Canvas, 8"x 8"
I wanted to submit Autumn Grey because I was experimenting with greys and autumn colors like are in Helen's Red Barn & Wishing Well.


Sara Harley: Red Boathouse & Pond
Photograph
I pass by this property once or twice each year, and almost always stop to photograph it. This boathouse sits at the edge of a small pond which is big enough for a rowboat or canoe. There is a small acreage with a bright yellow house and red barn and outbuildings. I often wonder who lives there. I wonder if the boathouse is an artist retreat, or perhaps just a get away from the house place. I would love to sit on that porch and look out over the pond in quiet contemplation.



Inspiration Image:  Red Barn & Wishing Well by Helen Eaton

Can an image be poetic? 
My students and I used to use "I wonder..." statements when reading a poem. 
I wonder who owned this barn...
I wonder who dug the well...
I wonder if animals still live here...
I wonder why they painted it red...
I wonder if the water from the well tastes fresh...
I wonder if there is hay in the loft...
I wonder why there is no farm equipment...
I wonder if there's a musty hay-like smell...
I wonder if they had cows... or sheep... or goats... or a donkey...
I wonder if anyone still uses this barn...
I wonder…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!