Monday, June 1, 2020

June Inspiration Images

Sometimes looking at one of the Inspiration Image leads you in one direction, then reading the thoughts behind it makes you go in a different direction. Look at each one below.  Read the thoughts behind each one. Which one do you find yourself going back to? What does it inspire you to create?  Your may do an oil painting, stained glass, colored pencil drawing,  needlework, woodwork, pen and ink, charcoal, photography, mixed media, poetry, watercolor... We love the diversity! 

Click HERE for instructions on how to submit your work.

We love seeing each work that is submitted, and we want YOUR art here with our art! Join us!



June Inspiration 1: Collected Memories by Sara Harley

Years ago, when living in the country was a secret dream, I saw a picture in a magazine. A wall in a country home was covered in shelves full of rows and rows of crocks. That picture spoke to me. Those crocks seemed so homey and friendly, and I'm sure they would have many stories to tell. Some dreams do come true. I moved to the country and spent many wonderful afternoons with a friend at auctions, growing my collection one by one. When I look at my crocks, I have happy memories of cherished time spent with a friend.


June Inspiration 2: Blowing Bubbles by Helen Eaton
Why do bubbles make us smile?
Pink bubble gum is sugary and sweet.
Fizzy bubbles are in all the best drinks.
Speech bubbles give your doodles a voice.
Bubbling soup pots on the stove smell like home.
Texting bubbles on he screen means he's typing a reply.
Scented bubbles in your bath wash a way the day's stress.
Soapy bubbles and warm water on your hands keep you healthy.
Plastic bubble wrap can be squeezed or twisted to give satisfying pops.
Blowing bubbles through a wand makes babies laugh and reach to catch one. 


June Inspiration 3: Beyond the Stream by Sara Harley
I grew up a city girl, but I loved the trips we used to take to my uncle's farm. It was a whole different world to me. Maybe it was those experiences early in life that gave me a love of barns. Old wooden barns are becoming rare where we live, lost to time and neglect. Each one I see seems special, each one with its own story to tell.

June Inspiration 4: Moo! by Helen Eaton
I was very small and given the job to "stand in the fence opening and don't let any get out" as my parents and brothers were herding cows through the chute beside the barn for medicine and ear tags.  I have a vivid memory of a huge cow standing in front of me and staring me right in the eyes.  I cried, "It's looking at me!"  Momma came running.  "Well, of course she's staring at you.  She can't help it because you're so pretty.  Now, here's a big stick; whack her if she comes back."  So farmer-like! Sweet and practical all at once.
Maybe that's why I enjoy looking into a cow's eyes.  
Hmmm... She thinks I'm pretty...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!