Saturday, June 6, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Collected Memories

What intriguing works of art inspired by Sara's Collected Memories photograph 
(The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post..)



Nelvia McGrath: Memories or Dreams
Instagram @nelviamcgrath
Mixed Media,  11"x 14" Sketchbook Drawing
This model has such an expression that she could be remembering memories or simply dreaming.  It's your story to write.

I absolutely love charcoal with hints of color.  Okay, granted, this is more than a hint of color. But, it was a perfect opportunity to combine the pure, vibrant fluid acrylics (their consistency is link-like) with primarily vine charcoal.  I wanted to utilize a new color combination of yellow/orange and blue/violet, its compliment, then spice it up with red/violet and turquoise.  Mixed media is "the bomb" because there is no such thing as a mistake. It can always be corrected.




Helen Eaton: Onions & Heirlooms
Oil on Canvas,  9"x 12"
Onions just pulled from the ground.
Crockery passed down from Grandma.
Plain, common... beautiful.
Whispers of home.


June Inspiration:Collected Memories by Sara Harley
Years ago, when living in the country was a secret dream, I saw a picture in a magazine. A wall in a country home was covered in shelves full of rows and rows of crocks. That picture spoke to me. Those crocks seemed so homey and friendly, and I'm sure they would have many stories to tell. Some dreams do come true. I moved to the country and spent many wonderful afternoons with a friend at auctions, growing my collection one by one. When I look at my crocks, I have happy memories of cherished time spent with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!