Friday, June 12, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Beyond the Stream

Enjoy the art inspired by Sara's Beyond the Stream photograph 
(The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post..)

Lynn Hanousek: Like a Tree
Mixed Media, 29" x 41", acrylic painting and printmaking on fabric
Since the beginning of the quarantine in March my husband, Bill, and I have been live streaming a worship service for our congregation every Sunday morning from home. I’ve tried many backdrops to transform our living room into a worship space and banners seem to be the best option. For the banner I had in mind, I wanted to use a life affirming symbol and settled on an adaption of the tree of life. Beyond the Stream became the inspiration to use a verse from Psalm 1: “They are like trees planted by streams of water that yield their fruit in due season and their leaves do not wither.”



Helen Eaton: Green Pastures & Still Waters
Palette Knife Painting, 12"x 16"
The Lord is my shepherd: I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.  
He restoreth my soul:
                                                          Psalm 23:1-3


For me, this is an image that fills the senses.  I can see the mountains, hear the rustle of leaves, feel the breeze, taste the water, smell the fresh air. I find it to be tranquil and soothing; I hope you do too.


June Inspiration:Beyond the Stream by Sara Harley
I grew up a city girl, but I loved the trips we used to take to my uncle's farm. It was a whole different world to me. Maybe it was those experiences early in life that gave me a love of barns. Old wooden barns are becoming rare where we live, lost to time and neglect. Each one I see seems special, each one with its own story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!