Saturday, October 10, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Bippity Boppity Pumpkin

 Enjoy the art inspired by Helen's painting, Bippity Boppity Pumpkin
(The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post..)

Lynn Hanousek: Peek-a-boo Pumpkins
Acrylic on Stretched Canvas, 8x10


Playing “hide and seek” with our cats is one of our silly simple pleasures in life and I think the cats like it too. While they are indoor city cats only, I can imagine them running, jumping and scurrying over and around in a field of pumpkins. Plus, it makes for a more colorful painting than a couch, a table or the corner down the hallway.


Sandra Walker: Pumpkin Season
Website: mmmquilts.com
Quilt, 58"x 78"
I was inspired to finish this pumpkin quilt when I saw Helen’s Bippity Boppity Pumpkin painting. I’d chased this ‘squirrel’ in October 2019 when I saw the quilt in McCall’s Quick Quilts issue, and I knew I had the perfect scraps to make it. I added in the teal pumpkins because I’d just finished a fall-themed quilt for a newly released fabric line, some of which were these lovely fabrics. I was so pleased to learn of the teal pumpkin project, where houses post a teal pumpkin sign to show they have safe Halloween treats for kids with food allergies. 



Sara Harley: October Sunrise
photograph
One of my favourite colours is orange, and that was my inspiration for this image. I spent a lot of time taking photographs of sunlight and trees reflected in a creek, experimenting with different settings on my camera. I chose one with an orange undertone, and played with it some more in post processing. It's definitely not a pumpkin, but wouldn't have been created without the inspiration of Helen's Bippity Boppity Pumpkin.


Sheila Strickland: Boo-luscious
Scrapbook Pages, 12x12

My little pumpkins!


Inspiration Image:  Bippity Boppity Pumpkin  by Helen Eaton
It’s October! 
You know what that means!
Pick pumpkin spice to sprinkle on your tasty pastry crumbs.
Put pumpkins on your porch beside your pot of purple mums.
Pare a pretty pumpkin for your jack-o-lantern party.
Pile pumpkin pie upon your pot luck plate to end a meal that’s hearty.
Paint a picture of a pumpkin patch that shows the orange crop.
Pose a scarecrow for a photo with a pumpkin for his prop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!