Friday, October 16, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Aspens in Autumn

  Enjoy the art inspired by Helen's painting, Aspens in Autumn
(The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post..)

Julie Brandt: Colorado Glow
Oil on Canvas
My painting, Colorado Glow, is about the breathtaking blue sky and the golden quiver of aspen leaves.  It's one of my dear memories of camping and hiking in the Rockies. 
This painting responds to the other autumn leaves in our Inspiration Collaboration collection.  Thanks to all of you who inspire me.


Deidre Townsend: Arizona Aspens
Acrylic on Canvas Board
I am in awe of Helen’s painting Aspens in Autumn because I love Aspen trees. My brother lives in Arizona in an area with mainly cactus. As often as they can, they go to nearby elevated areas to see trees! There’s an area near them in the Pinaleño Mountains that has beautiful Aspens, especially in the fall. Helen’s painting made me think of the pictures I’ve seen from there. Arizona is more than just desert. It makes me want to walk that trail!


Nancy MacDonald: Shallow Vision 
Website: Website: www.nancymacdonaldart.com
Photograph
Autumn is my favorite season. The sun seems to sit a little lower in the sky and when it shines through the leaves, they glow like they are on fire. I took this photo yesterday along the LaHave River. With a tilt of the camera down towards the water, I thought about Helen describing how you can't see the horizon line when you are deep in the trees. Not seeing the horizon can really change your perception of space.


Sara Harley: Reflections of Autumn
photograph

Like Helen, I love trees. I have spent the
past year photographing sights found on
the trails that run through our town. I never
tire of walking the same paths day after day.
No matter the season, no matter the weather,
there is always some new magic to see.




Inspiration Image:  Aspens in Autumn  by Helen Eaton

Aspen, Birch, Cedar, Dogwood, Elm, Fir, Gingko, Hickory, Indigo, Juniper, Kapok, Locust, Maple, Nectarine, Oak, Pine, Quince, Redwood, Sequoia, Tulip, Umbrella, Viburnum, Walnut, Xylosma, Yucca, Zelcova

I am soothed when surrounded by trees. True, there are trade-offs… no horizon lines with sunrises and sunsets, no big sky to watch storms roll in or to gaze at entire constellations. But, I’ll choose the cozy comfortable call of the forest every time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!