Monday, September 28, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Raggedy Ann Doll

Enjoy the art inspired by Helen's painting, Raggedy Ann Doll

(The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post..)


Sara Harley: Raggedy Metamorphosis
@saraharley.photos
story cloth (aka modern quilt)

Although I consider myself a photographer, I have recently become addicted to creating "story cloths", my version of a modified quilt. Creating a warm and comfortable blanket using Raggedy Ann as an inspiration was a wonderful challenge for me. I tried to take the essence of Raggedy Ann and stitch her into a one dimensional form. Black stripes for her shoes, a strip of red and white striped fabric for her stockings, flowered strips for her dress, and white linen with zig zag stitching for her pina fore. And let's not forget the wild, wild red appliqued strips for her hair!


Inspiration Image:  Raggedy Ann Doll  by Helen Eaton
Someone recently told me she thought Raggedy Anns were creepy.  What?!  I cannot imagine how a floppy doll with big black saucer eyes with zig-zags underneath, a red triangle nose, and out-of-control bright red hair could be seen as creepy!!  Oh...  Hmmm...
I've always had a soft spot for Raggedy Ann.  Oh, how I loved mine!  New toys come and go, but some special ones stand the test of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!