Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Pondering

Enjoy the art inspired by Sara's photograph, Pondering.

(The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post..)

Julie Brandt: Lotus Love
Oil on Canvas, 12"x 12"
In my pond,
   in my backyard, 
   where we have spent so much time,
         I had a lotus flower.  
 
The lotus flower represents purity, and enlightenment in many religions.
Floating on a long stem above the murky waters, a sacred water lily. 
Eastern religions say it is hope and strength and rebirth.
        I need hope and strength in this murky world.
 
The lotus was given to us by a friend, and once planted in the pond proceeded to take it over!  It would send new stems, roots, and leaves out every day.  Many entertaining hours were spent watching the frogs jump off the leaves and watching new flowers bud, then open.  Nature in my backyard has become a sanctuary in this time of home.

Helen Eaton: Peace Like a River
Instagram: @helenpowelleaton
Oil with Palette Knife, 11"x 14

If you were in a rowboat floating down this stream, would you want to reach down and glide your fingers across the water? I would.

If you stood in front of this painting on the wall, would you want to reach out and stroke your fingers across the canvas?  I would.

If you like the way this image makes you feel, would you want to know how it feels?  I would.

 



Nelvia McGrath: Cherry Blossom
Instagram: @nelviamcgrath
Acrylic, 9"x 12"
I started by cleaning off the Gelli plate which created the background.  I’d decided I wanted to do a series on geishas as I am a huge fan of Oriental art and would like to try to paint the colors and patterns of the kimonos.  I loved all the colors that composed the whitened face which fit well with the muted colors of the background.  In working on improving composition and making it more complex, I decided to add the hint of cherry blossoms.   I’m hoping the skeleton of the tree serves to frame and lead the eye into the face and create energy and movement into the piece.



August Inspiration: Pondering by Sara Harley
We have a small garden pond beside our back deck. Every day, morning and evening, I sit on the edge of the deck and watch the fish. I let my mind wander, and relax, and problems slip away in those quiet moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!