Saturday, September 5, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Autumn Joy

 Enjoy the art inspired by Sara's photograph, Autumn Joy.

(The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post..)

Lynn Hanousek: It's Fall
Acrylic painting on stretch canvas, 12"x24"

Truth be told, I had just told my husband, “I need to start working on larger canvases” and then the September inspirations were posted. One of Sara’s was a single, beautiful autumn leaf. Last year I had started a 12x24 inch canvas filled with leaves falling on a cat. I left it to the side wondering if I’d ever finish it. Well, I did. What a feeling of accomplishment: finishing a long forgotten painting, working on a larger canvas and meeting the challenge for September all at the same time. I truly have “Autumn Joy”!


 

Sheila Strickland: Autumn!
Scrapbook pages, 12"x 12"




Helen Eaton: Autumn Pleasure
Oil on Canvas, 8"x10"

The older I get, the more appreciation I have for fall.  Maybe it's because I have more time to appreciate it now.  We are lucky to live in a part of the country that gets all kinds of beautiful fall colors. I love the gold trees beside our driveway, the big yellow hickory tree behind the house, the cherry-red leaves of our dogwoods, and even the browns of the oaks.  I picked up all the leaves for this little painting around our home one day last autumn. 

So many amazing colors... what a pleasure!




Inspiration Image: Autumn Joy by Sara Harley
I'm thankful that I live in a place that has four distinct seasons. I was thrilled to find a leaf on a recent walk, filled with the colours of our upcoming fall season. Soon it will be time to savour all the joys of autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!