Monday, September 7, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Apple Slices

Enjoy the art inspired by Helen's painting, Apple Slices.

(The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post.)

Sara Harley: Tree of Strength
Photographic Art

October 2020 will be the tenth anniversary of my breast cancer diagnosis. During the time between my surgery and my treatments, I felt powerless and I decided to adopt a tree as my personal symbol of strength. Since that time, I have photographed many trees. Just like us, each tree is unique. Trees face many adversities and stand strong and resilient.

In response to Helen's Apple Slices, I decided to create a four season tree combining images of a century old apple tree that I photographed throughout the seasons several years ago.


 
 
Sheila Strickland: Back-to-School
Scrapbook pages, 12"x 12"



Inspiration ImageApple Slices by Helen Eaton
While it’s true that 2020 has its own set of anxieties, back-to-school is such an exciting time! Brand new tennis shoes… crayons with sharp points… long yellow pencils… names on desks… sparkles in the eyes of happy faces... Between being a student and being a teacher, I got to feel that jittery first-day-of-school joy 47 times! 
An Apple for Teacher... For so long the apple kind of symbolized who I was.  It’s an odd thing when something that’s a huge part of your identity runs its course and comes to an end. Who will you be now? What will your new symbol be? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!