Saturday, November 13, 2021

Your Art Inspired by Poppy

 Enjoy the art inspired by Sara's photograph, Poppy
(The Inspiration Image is at the bottom of this post.)

Helen Eaton: Poppies 
I don’t know much about poppies.  I’ve never grown a poppy, and I’m really not sure I’ve ever seen one growing.  I know the poppies in The Wizard of Oz almost put Dorothy to sleep, and I know that opium somehow comes from poppies.  Those aren’t very positive, but I recently learned that poppies are a symbol for remembering fallen soldiers. That’s good to know.
 I do think they’re beautiful flowers, but my favorite kind is spelled a different way… My four (five soon) grandkids are so lucky to have my Ron for their Pop-E.



Julie Brandt: Roadside Poppies 
Oil on Canvas
 Inspired by Sara’s single poppy, I submit my adventure in a field of roadside poppies.


Inspiration Image: Poppy by Sara Harley

As far back as I can remember, poppies have been one of my favourite flowers. It always stops me in my tracks to see a swath of them in a flower garden, and I think it would be marvelous to see a field of them. Of course, at this time of year they are a symbol of sacrifice, lest we forget.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!