Friday, June 4, 2021

Your Art Inspired by Signs of Spring

   Enjoy the art inspired by Sara's image, Signs of Spring.
(The Inspiration Image is at the bottom of this post.)

Nelvia McGrath: Spring Blooms
Watercolor Sketch
I'm looking for a loose watercolor look, so I experimented with starting painting without an underdrawing.  I used large brushes and just went at producing an initial image of the bird and flowers.  I finished by adding a limited number of layers to give some additional definition.



Julie Brandt: Just Flowers and a Friend 
Oil on Canvas
In response to Sara’s June Signs of Spring, I wanted to paint cone flowers floating with a swallowtail butterfly on a white background.
It was fun to paint!



Darlene Awalt: Signs of Summer 
Photographic Art
I used my daisy photo as daises makes me happy, and I think happy thoughts of summer.   I remember pulling the petals and playing the game he loves me - he loves me not.  Then we would throw the seeds in the air, and however many landed on our hands would indicate how many babies we would have.  LOL.   (The picture is two images together.)  



Helen Eaton: Signs of Summer
5"x 7" Oil on Canvas
One of my favorite signs of summer is seeing the little hummingbirds show up at our feeders.  I know there are many different kinds, but we only have the little green ruby-throated hummingbirds here in Northwest Arkansas.  I love hearing their little hmmmmm and seeing them dart in for drinks.
 
Lynn Hanousek: Pink Bloom
8x10 inch acrylic painting
Earlier this month we were able to get away for the first time in 15 months for a much needed break. The change of scenery was refreshing. This painting was inspired by one of the photos I took of the beautiful flowers that were at the place where we stayed.


Nelvia McGrath: Blossoms
Graphite/Watercolor on 7"x 10" Mixed Media Paper, Sketchbook Drawing Practice
Instagram @nelviamcgrath
I love all the spring flowering trees we have in Georgia.  I'm continuing the practice of first doing a graphite drawing and then doing a painting process, adding that pop of color. Working on a flower multiple times helps me gain familiarity and get more comfortable.  I'm surprised by this stained paper effect that I got when I used a plastic dish drain mat which acted a bit like a resist to staining liquid.



Signs of Spring by Sara Harley
Spring is one of my favourite seasons, full of new beginnings and
the promise of wonderful things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!