Sunday, July 12, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Afterglow

Enjoy the art inspired by Sara's photograph, Afterglow . 
(The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post..)

Helen Eaton: Sunflower Shine
Oil on Canvas with Palette Knife,  10"x 10"
At midday, when the sun is high in the sky, the color shimmers off each petal as it reaches upward.  All day long, their faces follow the sun's path across the sky.  I stand quietly at the edge of the garden and watch their silent nods, a show that gives me pause, reflecting on a season well spent.


Nelvia McGrath: The Golden Hour
Instagram: @nelviamcgrath
Oil, alla prima, mixed media paper
I was working with the Zorn palette of four colors but chose to add both cerulean and Phthalo blue to experiment.


AJ: Blue Mandala
Crochet
In decorating a room for our new baby, I felt there wasn't enough on the wall.  I decided to crochet a large ombre mandala to go over the crib.
The yarn was ombre, so much like Sara's Afterglow, it transitions from lighter blue in the center to darker at the edges.



July Inspiration: Afterglow by Sara Harley
Late in the day, when the sun is lower in the sky, the light bounces off our small outdoor fish pond and into our home. For a short time, the glow dances across our living room ceiling in shimmering aerial ballet. I sit quietly in my chair and watch the silent performance, a shape shifting show that gives me pause, reflections and afterglow of a day well spent


No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!