Thursday, July 2, 2020

Your Art Inspired by A Touch of Sunshine

Enjoy new creation inspired by Sara's A Touch of Sunshine photograph. 
(The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post..)

Whitney Eaton: Deliciosa!
Oil on Canvas
Simple things really do bring great pleasure!  The waty the morning sun was hitting this leaf of my Monstera Deliciosa was breathtaking!  I knew I had to capture it and put it on a canvas.  And while I was at it it thought, "Why not put it on a bright funky background?"
Simple things really do bring great pleasure! 
The way the morning sun was hitting this leaf of my Monstera Deliciosa was breathtaking!  I knew I had to capture it and put it on a canvas.  And while I was at it I thought, "Why not put it on a bright funky background?"




Helen Eaton: Daisy
Oil on Canvas,  5"x 7"
It’s just a white flower on a black background… or is it?
In my first art lessons, my art teacher said, “My goal is to teach you to see the world in a different way… through artist eyes.”  There's so much more to white than just white and so much more to black than just black. 
But, yes... it is a white flower on a black background.


Nancy MacDonald: All the Reds
Edited Photograph
Sara's image A Touch of Sunshine inspired me to submit a photograph for July's Inspiration Collaboration. This image was simply the result of peeling beets and realizing that I didn't have a bowl to put them in and couldn't touch anything with my beet juicy hands. As luck would have it, my red colander filled with red cherries sitting on a pretty plate was on the counter. When I added the beets, I realized I had a work of art right in front of me. Then I ran to wash my hands.


Sheila Strickland: Sandy's Flower Garden
Twin Quilt
I made this twin quilt for our Welcome Home Retreat master gardener.  She makes the courtyard and grounds look beautiful, and I wanted to honor her quiet space.  She loves yellow and all bright colors.
This project could belong beside by both the daisies of Sara's A Touch of Sunshine and the yellow of her Afterglow



July Inspiration: A Touch of Sunshine by Sara Harley
Sometimes it's the simple things that bring the most pleasure....a vase of wild flowers, a spot of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!