Thursday, May 14, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Resting Place

Relax and enjoy a "resting place" or two inspired 
by Sara's photograph, Resting Place.
(The inspiration Image is at the bottom or the post.)

Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts: The Yellow Chair
https://www.piecefulthoughts.com/the-yellow-chair/
Quilt, 12'x 14.5"
We were driving along the north shore of Lake Superior after having learned of the death of a friend who had lived on its shores. We decided to stop and walk a bit in her honor. When I got down to the shore, there sat this yellow chair – an old vinyl chair from those Formica kitchen table sets of the 60s. It was a bit worse for wear, but it was there, upright, waiting. I wondered what memories were hidden in it. Where did it come from? Who uses it, or was it just abandoned? Why was it sitting on the shore facing the lake so expectantly?  


Helen Eaton: Best Friends Forever
https://wordweaverart.blogspot.com/
Original Oil Painting, 12"x 16"

Gus was there to greet this little one when she came home from the hospital, and he spent the next decade at her side… best friends through thick and thin.
Sometimes our “resting place” is only complete with that special furry friend at our side.
Good dog, Gus. Good dog.


Whitney Eaton: Spot for a Pot
Instagram: @whitneykay93
Floral Design

I’ve got the quarantine blues... I haven’t been in a creative painterly mood. I miss going to the book store. I miss going on dates with my husband. I miss seeing the faces of people that are now hidden under masks. One of the things that has brought me joy in these last few months is plants! It started with planting vegetable seeds inside and watching them turn into little seedlings. Then planting some colorful annuals. Then transferring my seedlings to my outdoor garden. And my newest obsession, houseplants! Plants have brought lots of color into my otherwise blue feeling! 


May Inspiration: Resting Place by Sara Harley
The current state of emergency has changed my walking routine, and my dog Riley and I have been taking a new route for the past few weeks. We walked the route many times before I noticed this chair up on a hill off the trail. Someone made an effort to put it there, and it seems a peaceful resting place. I love finding things in unexpected places.
Resting Place
1. a place where people can stop and rest 2. a place where someone is buried 
3. a place where something has been put

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!