Thursday, April 16, 2020

Your Art Inspired by That's Just Ducky

Enjoy these responses to That's Just Ducky. 
The diversity of ways art is created never ceases to amaze!
(You can see the Inspiration Image at the bottom of this page.)

Deidre Townsend: A Man and His Duck
Acrylic on Canvas
My father had a mallard duck that he cared for since it hatched. His name was “Peeper”. He would follow Dad everywhere. He would even walk with him down the driveway. After Peeper grew up, he flew off to join a group of other mallards, but he would come back every year. Dad would hear the ducks coming and yell “Peeper!!” And Peeper would fly in and land right beside him. Your painting made me think of them, and I could picture in my mind them walking down the driveway.



Whitney Eaton: Cleared for Landing
Instagram: @whitneykay93
Oil on Board
Man, I really struggled with this painting! When given opportunities to paint, I would drag my feet or try to find something else to do. My handsome mallard went through multiple size changes... was painted over a few times... (poor guy) Little by little, and with lots of help from Helen, this painting came together. The image I used was one taken on a trip to Lisbon, Portugal with my husband! We were sitting on a bench outside a museum with a big, open cobblestone walkway. And this guy thought it was a pretty good runway that was clear to land on.


Nelvia McGrath: Geese Gaggle
@nelviamcgrath 
art journaling
Recently I started daily box journaling, and part of that is adding blotches of color with paint, marker, colored pencil, etc. Doing this doodle daily has kept me doing the practice of daily writing.  Just add a blob of color(s) somewhere on the page.  Each day you look at the blob and turn it around until you see something to doodle about.
I'd been looking at this month's photos, playing with ideas of what to paint.  One was to paint a gaggle of geese based on Helen's duck painting.  Imagine my surprise when I pulled out my journal and saw these various fingerprint blobs.  Immediately this congregation of marks were the geese, right there ready to come out!

Sara Harley: Grackle Cackle
photographic art
Like most of the world, we are currently under a state of emergency, with instructions to stay at home.
Although I can't get out and about with my camera, I do have a lot of time to play with my photographic library. This month, I decided to construct an image very closely based on Helen’s inspiration painting, and used a series of photos taken in my backyard. The final result is a combination of elements from four photos, attempting to recreate the inspiration image with a twist.



April Inspiration 2: That's Just Ducky by Helen Eaton
I first "met" these ducks through the blog Chickens in the Road.
Don't you just want to listen in on their conversation!!

Bottom Right just asked a simple question.
Middle can't believe she'd even ask such a thing!
Front Left agrees with everything Middle says.
Top Right does not want to get involved this time!
Back Left is late to the meeting... again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!