Thursday, April 30, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Strength & Hope

We all need a little Strength & Hope during this time of global pandemic.
Sharing encouragement through our art.

(You can see the Inspiration Image at the bottom of this page.)

Julie Brandt: Statue of Liberty
Oil on Canvas, 11"x 14"

In response to Sara’s Strength and Hope, I would like to submit my weary Statue of Liberty who is trying to stay strong during our country’s political and environmental tragedies.



Deidre Townsend: Pink Roses 
Acrylic on Canvas
When I think of roses, I think of home. We had a big rose garden at my home where I grew up. I remember my parents building it and planting it. My dad even built a bird bath for it.  It was right below my mom’s bedroom window. She fought breast cancer with strength and hope. Those roses and her windows always make me think of her fight. I painted them pink because that’s the color of breast cancer awareness ribbons. Julie Brandt’s Red Buds inspired me as well.


Julie Brandt: Red Buds
Oil on Canvas
Who ever named redbuds?  They are pink! Every spring my redbud tree just thrills me.  I get so tickled that the blossoms grow up and down the trunk and all along each branch in little bunches.  One year we had a late ice storm, and ice encased each blossom.  It was beautiful, but I didn't want to paint something that felt so cold in this time when I needed sunshine and hope.  This painting made me very happy.

Lynn Hanousek: New York Strong
Facebook: Lynn Hanousek Designs
Acrylic and Permanent Marker on Canvas,  8"x 10"
Every evening at 7:00 PM New Yorkers open their windows, go to their balconies and stand at their front doors to clap, cheer, sing, ring bells and bang on pots to cheer our heroes: healthcare workers, first responders and all those essential services who keep our city safe and running while we isolate due to covid-19. On April 13, after the 2 minute daily cheering, a rainbow arched its way across the entire city. All who saw it were amazed and filled with hope. My inspiration was drawn from the beautiful sky in Sara’s photograph, Strength and Hope.


Helen Eaton: Spring Comes
https://wordweaverart.blogspot.com/
Oil on Canvas,  8"x 10"

Winter is cold, gray... but... spring comes.
The news is sad, scary... but spring comes.
Coronavirus occupies thought, conversations... but spring comes.


We begin our fourth week of being home.  It's been even longer for my daughter's family in the East where numbers are staggering.  She sent me a photo from outside their apartment and said, "The cherry blossoms are blooming anyway."


Sara says, "... there is always some beauty to be found, some hope to carry on."
Blossoms bring hope of fruits and the coming green.  Nest eggs bring hope for new life and  song.
Spring comes... and brings hope.



March Inspiration 4: Strength and Hope by Sara Harley
In our present state of the Covid-19 pandemic, I wanted to create an image of strength and hope. This image is a combination of two photographs I took on a recent walk while "social distancing". Trees have always been a symbol of strength for me. The group of birch trees are standing together, symbolizing that we may be physically apart, but if we stand together, we can be strong. The background is from a rusted car, symbolizing that there is always some beauty to be found, some hope to carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!