Sunday, March 22, 2020

Your Art Inspired by The Snug

Relax and enjoy these comfortable, cozy, snug submissions!

(The inspiration Image is at the bottom or the post.)



Deidre Townsend: Social Distancing on the Bayou
Acrylic on Canvas
My niece sent me a picture of herself in this boat that belonged to my father on the bayou where I grew up in Louisiana. She commented she was “social distancing” Louisiana style (Covid-19). When I saw the comfort spot in the March inspiration group I thought of her comfort spot for reading, and it inspired me to try my hand at my first acrylic painting.


Whitney Eaton: Reach
Instagram: @whitneykay93
Oil on Canvas
This place in my home has so many things that give me so much comfort. Family, travel painting, reading, music... and a little boy that make my heart swell! And I wonder... Will he love travel? Or paint? Or read? Or play an instrument? All he has to do is reach for the possibilities.


Julie Brandt: Cozy
Oil on Canvas
When Naomi was three, she did not like to take a nap, even with Grandma Juju.  I would close the door of my bedroom after bringing a silver bowl and many books to set the stage for a nap.  As I closed my eyes having read one book four times, and said let's take a nap now.  Naomi climbed the door, holding onto the doorknob, both feet pushing on the door to try and open it.  I was trying not to laugh at this funny scene, and hoping she would eventually come lay down.  Well, she did, but not before she tucked this book under her arm and her wee fist inside of the bowl.  Of course I took a photo of her and painted this memory. 
Cozy, at last!

Helen Eaton: My Space
https://wordweaverart.blogspot.com/
Oil on Canvas, 12"x 12"
My space... It starts with a comfortable chair.  My computer and phone are always near.  The little round side table has a drawer with pens and pencils.  There's a photo of my husband and pup and another showing the Twenty-third Psalm.  There's a pretty little purple and green box for stuff... markers, bookmarks, notepad. Each of the journals is special.  There's a little green quilted cow on the wall that makes me smile.  The painting behind my chair changes according to which is my current favorite.  And from the window, I can see my outside favorite things... chickens, garden, flowerbed.


March Inspiration 2: The Snug by Sara Harley
The Snug by Sara Harley
Everyone has a place they go when they want to feel snuggly,
somewhere that brings comfort so they can recharge. My comfort
spot is a cozy corner, with a book and maybe a cat in my lap.
Perhaps with a cup of tea and a glowing fireplace.
Where do you go?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!