Saturday, March 21, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Door Beneath the Wisteria

Helen's Door Beneath the Wisteria continues to inspire. 
We received another submission in April!

(The inspiration Image is at the bottom or the post.)

Darlene Awalt: Magical Forest 
Instagram: dream.imagine.believe
Photographic Art
Helen mentioned fairies in her inspiration image description, an elf or a gnome.
I thought, why not have them in the forest?
This is my version of something going on when we are not there.


Nelvia McGrath: Fairy House 
Instagram: Nelvia McGrath
Watercolor, Marker, Colored Pencil, Pen & Ink
l
When I saw Helen's painting, the first thing I thought of was painting an abstract door.  Love doors, especially European doors.  But the colors she chose pointed me more along a fantasy theme.  I love fairies, don't paint them or their environments very well, but something you can always work on and get better at.  Linda Ravenscroft has several books that help you think along the lines of creating a fairy world, full of, or course, fairies and their friends.


Lynn Hanousek: #3
Facebook: Lynn Hanousek Designs
Acrylic on 9x12 stretched canvas
Oh, how I’d love to behind that gate catching a bit of peace and quiet right now, away from the craziness going on around me. This painting has been my quiet place during the month as Covid-19 gradually becomes the central theme of our lives here in NYC. My painting is based on a photo I took in St. George’s, Bermuda. I love taking pictures of doors and gates, so when I saw Helen’s painting I headed straight to my photo stash for subject matter.



Deidre Townsend: "Lapis Tree of Life"
stone and wire 
This was my first jewelry piece to make, and the crooked tree (from "The Fairy Door" which was inspired by "Door Beneath the Wisteria") was a great inspiration.

Sara Harley: "The Fairy Door"
saraharleyphotos.blogspot.com

photographic art

There is magic deep in the forest, but you must tread softly and listen to your heart to find it. Only then, if you look very hard and are very lucky, you may catch a glimpse of where the fairies live. Their homes are full of joy and colour, happiness and love. The fairies are the protectors of the forest, and they will gently blow their blessings your way if you treat the forest as if it were your home as well.


March Inspiration 1: Door Beneath the Wisteria by Helen Eaton
Who do you think might live in the door beneath the wisteria?  Surely it's a fairy... a sprite... an elf... a gnome...a regular lady with green thumb?  I think she sings while she tends to her flowers and smiles when she greets the mornings.  I think she laughs when she looks at her aqua door and is glad she chose aqua.  I think she is content. I think everyone who visits her feels welcomed and at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!