Monday, August 9, 2021

Your Art Inspired by Cottage Garden

     Enjoy the art inspired by Sara's image, Cottage Garden.
(The Inspiration Image is at the bottom of this post.)


Jeanne King: Who Lives in the Garden?
Photograph
Like Sara, gardens and gardeners are fascinating to me. I love the thought of all of the creatures that live in a garden. From the tiniest spider to the huge praying mantis, there is a whole community thriving among the flowers.


Julie Brandt: Santa Fe Garden
Oil on Canvas
Sarah’s and Helen’s depictions of a window with a garden in front made me think of these very colorful Santa Fe windows and these hollyhocks.  I always want to go to New Mexico this time of year, and painting this helped me to be there in spirit.


Helen Eaton: Cottage Flowers
Oil on Canvas, 8"x 10"
Each month I study Sara's Inspiration Image and thoughts then wait for an idea to come.  This month I kept being pulled back to her photograph.  It featured my favorite color combination: green, purple, and turquoise.  It held a story that made me wonder and made my mind wander. It fit my favorite descriptive combination: Elegance within simplicity.
I just had to spend time more time with this image.  Her image intended for inspiration became my reference photo.

Gardening is one of my hobbies, and I enjoy looking at them as well. Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, formal gardens, cottage gardens, and everything in between. The personality of the gardener shines through every time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!