Sunday, July 25, 2021

Your Art Inspired by Gently Down the Stream

 Enjoy the art inspired by Helen's painting, Gently Down the Stream.
(The Inspiration Image is at the bottom of this post.)


Nelvia McGrath: Sunning
Watercolor Sketch
Lazing in the boat on a sunny afternoon in the heat and humidity of the dog days of summer made me think of when we lived in Florida.  It was so entertaining to watch the herons stalk fish and enjoy a sunny day while getting dinner.   Things were slow and life was easy!!



Julie Brandt: Paddling on the Buffalo
I love the view Helen painted in Gently Down the Stream.  
On a boat or raft on the river is my kind of fun.


Sara Harley: All Tied Up
Photographic Art
A recent day trip to South Western Nova Scotia took us to Dennis Point, home to the largest commercial fishing wharf in Atlantic Canada. After a tasty lunch of the freshest fish around, we headed to the wharf so I could take photographs. With  Helen’s inspiration painting in mind, I concentrated on the bows of the fishing boats. I then became photo obsessed with the patterns of the ropes.


July Inspiration: Gently Down the Stream by Helen Eaton
Every so often a near-perfect day happens. The to-do list is blank, the weather is great, the scenery is beautiful, and the company is right.
When one of those elusive days comes along, embrace it fully!

3 comments:

  1. Sara's photo immediately made me think of my current improv project. Great photo! Your painting is where I want to be, with a cool breeze blowing, rather than this hot, humid stuff we're having!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha!! You know what, turn those colors to lime green and bright orange, and I believe it could be a PiecefulWendy quilt!

      Delete
    2. looking forward to seeing your quilt progress on instagram!

      Delete

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!