Saturday, April 24, 2021

Your Art Inspired by Here Comes the Sun

    Enjoy the art inspired by Sara's photograph, Here Comes the Sun. 
(The Inspiration Image is at the bottom of this post.)

Deidre Townsend: There Goes the Sun
Oil on Canvas Board
Sara talked about how spectacular a sunrise is.  I'm more of a night person, so I don't see as many sunrises as I do sunsets.  I do agree with her about looking at the right moment so you don't miss something incredible.  I have dozens of pictures of sunsets from my childhood home in Louisiana.  The bayou makes a beautiful setting for a spectacular sunset almost every night.  Capturing it on canvas enables me to keep it even though I don't get to see it often anymore.


Jeanne King: Good Day, Sunshine
Acrylic Pens on Rock
There is no happier image than a smiling sun, and I’m looking for happiness these days! 


Julie Brandt: Summer Sun and Water
Acrylic on Canvas Board, 4"x 4"

Here are my twin oceanside paintings. Being by the water, and type of water, gives me peace and joy.  I guess that means I am a water sign.  

Lynn Hanousek: April Sunrise
5x60 inch scarf from leftover yarn

Who would knit a scarf to use in April one might ask? Spring is here, the weather is warmer. I started knitting this project to see if I could use up some leftover yarn. It's simply knit one, purl one and it seemed to work, so I kept on going bringing all of the colors randomly together like a beautiful sunrise. It's finished now and it is so cold and windy out today, a day so close to the end of April, that I’ll wear it when I go out later.

 
Helen Eaton: Sunrise Ablaze
Mixed Media Collage
I discovered that Sara's gorgeous fire-y sunrise was only one of many when I clicked over to her blog.  She had taken a photo from her kitchen window on 25 different mornings.  Each was exactly the same... and completely different.  I noticed that one of them showed a small cottage in the trees.  I'd add that cottage to my collage. 
(If you're wondering, yes... I did stress a lot over it looking like my cottage was on fire instead of the sun rising behind it.  In the end, I embraced the issue by giving the piece a fire-y title.)


Inspiration Image:  Here Comes the Sun by Sara Harley
Every morning I stand at my kitchen window and look at a masterpiece. Each day is unique and sometimes if you don't look at just the right moment, you'll miss something spectacular. The simple beauty of a sunrise is a gift, and a wonderful way to start a day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!