Saturday, August 8, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Garden Friends

Enjoy the art inspired by Sara's photograph, Garden Friends
(The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post..)

Helen Eaton: Squash Blossom
Oil on Canvas, 8"x 10"

I have five squash plants. (Honestly, that's probably about four too many!) The plants are huge... long thick stems, wide lush leaves, and huge yellow blossoms hidden underneath. 

Of all my vegetables, it wouldn’t have occurred to me to put a squash on canvas; however, the description of Sara’s Garden Friends made me notice again how pretty a squash plant can be. Under her photograph, she wrote, "...catmint is a good companion plant for squash. Apparently it's also a good companion plant for butterflies."

Hmmm... What’s missing?  Her picture shows the catmint and the butterfly... but... What about the squash?



August Inspiration: Garden Friends by Sara Harley
I decided to add a vegetable garden this year, and in my research
I read that catmint is a good companion plant for squash. 
Apparently it’s also a good companion plant for butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!