Sunday, August 9, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Freedom

 Enjoy the art inspired by Sara's photograph, Freedom

(The inspiration image is at the bottom of this post..)


Helen Eaton: Lupine Landscape
Oil on Canvas, 10"x 20"
I’d never seen lupines until five years ago when we took a trip to Maine. We loved it. One unexpected treat was the lupines... everywhere! I fell in love with them and took many, many photos with the thought that one day I'd use one as a reference for a painting.  Sara's Freedom was just the motivation I needed to finally paint lupines.  
I look forward to the day that we'll feel freedom to travel once again.  Maybe we'll take a trip back to Maine and enjoy the lupines.


Nelvia McGrath: Lavander
Instagram: @nelviamcgrath
Pastel, 12"X 18"
This photo made me think of fields of lavender with the wind blowing and all the cares of the world flying free. I have wanted to paint this lady for quite some time as I loved the feeling of freedom as her hair flies around her head.


August Inspiration: Freedom by Sara Harley
During our months of self isolation and social distancing, many are longing for their freedom. This composited
self portrait endeavours to portray that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!