Thursday, December 3, 2020

Your Art Inspired by Home for the Holidays

 Enjoy the art inspired by Sara's image, Home for the Holidays.
(The Inspiration Image is at the bottom of this post.)

Oil on Canvas, 8"x 10"
This chimney sits along the road near my brother’s house. It sits there in a little field all alone, but it's not lonely. I imagine what this old chimney has seen. I imagine it kept a family's cabin warm for years and years. I imagine the farmer who stacked the logs and built the fire. I imagine his wife who poked the logs and kept the fire going. I imagine the children doing homework in front of it. I imagine a cat curled up on the hearth. I imagine stockings hanging from the mantle year after year. 
I imagine..




Inspiration Image:  Home for the Holidays by Sara Harley
This holiday season will be very different than any of our memories, and we may not get home for the holidays. But the magic will still be there if we open our hearts and minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive feedback and encouraging comments welcome!